Photo of the Week
June 15, 2014
Along with Rainbow City
and Los Rios, Curundu got its name by popular vote. The area
now known as Curundu was once called Skunk Hollow. But some residents
decided that it should be changed and suggested Jungle Glen as a more
fitting name. Others were for keeping the name of Skunk Hollow. An
editorial in The Star & Herald of March 18, 1943, was in favor of
retaining the name stating: "Friends of tradition and Skunk Hollow
need to arouse themselves if they want to save the name. They deserve
encouragement. This world tends to become a dreary and orthodox place.
Whatever piquancy and humor is inherent in the name of Skunk Hollow
should be preserved for the coming generations. They, to whom the old
place has the associations of home and friends, cling to the old name.
They might agree that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet but
not Skunk Hollow."
of the Week | Photo
Archives | Main
Show Room | Photo
Room | Military
PC History | Sign Guest Book | Read Guest Book |CZ Web Searcher
Gift Shop | Links