The old Gamboa bridge looking south circa mid 1907.  The little locomotive is a ex-PRR 0-4-OST of the 1880s.  The bridge was built by the French and completed in April 1888.  Because this bridge was at a low level a new bridge was built.  The work of pouring the concrete piers is in progress behind the French bridge.  On the right side of the hill in the background is the old French construction line to Emperador.