|The 1912 report reads about the same with minimal coinage being
brought in from the United States.
The 1913 report reads that plenty of silver was available, but some gold had to be brought in from the United States. On May 1, 1913, some changes in the organization were made under the direction of Col. Goethals, eliminating certain checks on the part of the office, theretofore made part of the passage of payrolls. It resulted in the transfer of several clerks to another department…
In 1914, the accounting department was established through a consolidation of he department of examination of accounts, the department of disbursements, and the office of the treasurer of the Canal Zone. The paymaster listed in the 1914 Report is John H. McLean. There is not mention of Edward J. Williams, the former Disbursing Officer.